Sporting Goods Review

Why search any further?
We can do it all, give you the info you need to make informed purchases and recommendations!

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Asics GT-2000




Running a marathon is a factor in every serious runner’s psyche at some time in his or her career. It may become a life goal somewhere in the bucket list of things to accomplish or a major career objective. For me, it was on the top of my need-to-do-before-I-die list. Notice I said “was.” I once sprained an ankle while speeding down the steepest hill in my town during early pre-dawn hours by stepping into a hole in the pavement. Did I stop there? Of course not! I had to complete my day’s goal of running five miles as I prepared for an upcoming marathon. Did I continue on my marathon quest? Of course! I’m a runner.

Okay, so that occurred before I discovered any of the
Asics running shoes, especially before their reengineered Asics GT-2000 trail running shoes for cross country running or the Asics GT-2000 Limited Edition NYC, especially designed for the New York City Marathon. Back in those days no running shoe manufacturer had engineered their shoes to accommodate either the massive distance training or overpronation that affects the endurance of long distance runner. Well, now that Asics running shoes have entered this field both those requirements have been met. Their mission seems to follow the same work theory my dad taught me. “If a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well.” 

Since completing my marathon I have expanded into open field or cross country type races. These are not races I would have even considered if not for the balance and ground level adjusting built into the Asics GT-2000 trail running shoes. Running on paved surfaces such as in the New York Marathon demand the maximum cushioning and arch support stability provided by the Asics GT-2000 Limited Edition NYC, but sustaining the constant rotational impacts of a race through the woods can best be handled by the Asics-2000 trail running shoes.

I have read that running is one of the best overall exercises for the human body. It boosts metabolism thereby helping maintain body weight as well as being a wonderful support for the cardiovascular system. The downside is the constant jarring as your feet make contact with the running surface. I think that the people who engineer the Asics running shoes have shown their expertise by helping runners maintain the healthy life style generated by running. Their constant effort to build on their past successes means to me that they recognize the ever changing physiology of the human body.
I plan to keep on running.

1 comment:

  1. This really seems to be a wonderful sporting equipment having good features..

    ReplyDelete