Sporting Goods Review

Why search any further?
We can do it all, give you the info you need to make informed purchases and recommendations!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Luxilon 4G



I don't know if it's my barbaric and unrefined style of play, or the fact that I live in an extremely humid environment. My strings are constantly losing tension and flattening out my returns. My boyfriend kept insisting that it was the cheap string I was using on my racquet, but I didn't believe him.

One day, they popped. I wasn't stressing them very hard and they weren't dirty. I had only finished paying the pro shop a pretty penny a few weeks ago to restring them. They still, out of the blue, snapped. It felt like a marlin hitting rotten fishing line. The main emotion was disappointment. When I think about stringing tennis racquet time consumption, I gasp. I was fed up and decided to invest in the best.

Several trusted sources turned me onto
Luxilon 4G string. The pro that usually strings my racquets is happy when clients bring in their own equipment, so I made the purchase. I loved the fact a large 660ft reel of this co-polyester golden string ranges in the extremely reasonable figure of $200-$250. I was also thrilled when I found out pros like the Williams sisters, Kristina Mladenovic and Keini Shikori use Luxilon 4G.

The stringing machine at the shop had no trouble using this sleek, well-constructed 17 gauge hybridized string. A machine and pro stringing tennis racquet parts constantly can get pretty testy, but this product worked like a dream. I can tell you this; it was a lot smoother and quicker than using an awl and tying knots.

In the months that I have abused my racquets, I can say that
Luxilon tennis string is, by far, the most durable and professional-feeling string that I have ever used. Though they are good, ALU, Wilson and Babolat just don't hold up like Luxilon tennis string. In the long run, Luxilon is more cost saving, universal to use and forgiving when I tear up my custom-made Timo.

Like a billiards player and his “english,” I have been able to use my limited spin and curve more and more with these strings. I can now keep up with my partner even though he is a much better player. These
Luxilon strings immediately increase a player's sense of control over the ball. Also, they are more forgiving with slightly irresponsible players like me that forget maintenance in the wake of pursuing a great match. I sense that the pro doesn't like it as much considering I am having my racquets restrung much less often.

No comments:

Post a Comment